Fried rice is the best way to use up lots of random vegetables in a delicious way. I always make fried rice when I'm just cooking for myself because you can use whatever you have in the fridge, no need to grocery shop! As long as you have soy sauce and rice, you can add/substitute any vegetables you have in the fridge.
If you want to add an egg, after sauteing carrots and onion, push them to the side. scramble the egg on the empty side of the pan, then mix the cooked egg into the onions and carrots before adding the garlic-ginger mixture in step 5.
Prep time: 25 minutes
2 Cups cooked rice
2 Boneless pork chops
1/2 Teaspoon turmeric (optional)
1/2 Onion, chopped
1 Carrot chopped
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 Teaspoon minced ginger
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 Cup frozen peas, left out on counter to thaw for about 30 minutes
1/2 Cup frozen edamame, left out on counter to thaw for about 30 minutes
1/2 Cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
1 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce (2 1/2 tablespoons if not using oyster sauce)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce (optional)
Salt and Pepper
1. Spread cooked rice out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and cool in the fridge while preparing the rest of the recipe.
2. Mix ginger, garlic, and 1 tablespoon olive oil together in small bowl and set aside.
3. Thinly slice the pork chops and toss with turmeric (if using) and about a 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat in large saute pan. Add sliced pork to pan and saute until no longer pink. Remove cooked pork from the pan and set aside on a plate.
4. Wipe pan clean. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot, season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper, and saute until slightly softened and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
5. Push onions and carrots to the side of the pan and add ginger-garlic mixture. Let cook for about 30 seconds then mix into carrots and onions.
6. Add thawed peas, thawed edamame, cabbage, cooled rice, pork, oyster sauce and soy sauce to pan. Stir well until the rice is heated and coated with soy sauce and oyster sauce.
7. Take off heat and serve!