It's grilling season! Spicy stuffed grilled chicken is quick, easy, and very tasty. If you don't have access to a grill, cook the chicken in a 425 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
Depending on the size of the chicken breast, I either make two small ones or one large one and cut it in half after cooking. You can tame down the spiciness by using monterey jack instead of the pepper jack. On the other hand, I recently discovered habanero jack, which is super spicy delicious!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 Large chicken breast (or 2 small)
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup chopped spinach
Salt and Pepper
1. Mix together the cheese and spinach.
2. Place your hand flat on top of the chicken and carefully slice a horizontal cut to create a pocket. Stuff as much cheese and spinach as possible, but make sure you can still mostly close the chicken.
3. Use 3-4 strands of kitchen twine to tie the chicken breast closed with simple knots. Cut off any extra length of string after tying so they don't burn.
4. Rub the chicken breast with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Grill on each side for 8-10 minutes.
6. Let rest for 5 minutes and remember to cut off the strings.
Serve and enjoy!